On December 4, 2021, NCTIG and Ms. Yewande Sadiku (Former Executive Secretary/CEO of NIPC) hosted a welcome reception dinner for Canada’s new Deputy High Commissioner & Chief Trade Commissioner to Nigeria, Teshome Nkrumah. He was accompanied by two Trade Commissioners, Sonia Hukil and Temitayo Dada and Trade Commissioner Assistant, Benedicta Emovuon. The Nigeria High Commissioner to Canada, H.E. Adeyinka Asekun was a virtual attendee.
The event was attended by several industry stakeholders in the different sectors they play in. These sectors include Education, AI/Technology, Mining, Renewable Energy and Finance.
We were honored to have in attendance Ambassador Adeyemi Dipeolu (the Special Adviser to the President on Economic Matters in the Office of the Vice President of Nigeria), Dr. Jumoke Oduwole, (Senior Special Assistant to the President of Nigeria on Industry, Trade & Investment and also the Secretary to the The Presidential Enabling Business Environment Council), Dr. Okechukwu ‘Okey’ Enelamah, (Former Minister of Industry, Trade & Investment/Chairman, Board of Directors African Capital Alliance), Mr. Ademola Adebise (Managing Director, Wema Bank Plc) and Mr. Funso Akere (Chief Executive, Stanbic IBTC Capital) were in attendance.
In addition, agencies such as the Nigeria Promotion Investment Commission (NIPC) represented by Mrs. Patience Okala (Director, Legal Services), the Nigerian Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (NACCIMA) represented by Ambassador Ayoola Olukanni (Director General), and the Bureau of Public Enterprises represent by Mr. Toibudeen Oduniyi (Director) were all present.
The MD/CEO of NCTIG, Mr. Taiwo Odutola discussed NCTIG’s commitment to facilitating trade and investment between Nigeria & Canada and support the bilateral relationship and partnership.
Teshome Nkrumah discussed the opportunities to increase the commercial trade between Nigeria & Canada and further deepen the ties of both countries.
NCTIG looks forward to renewed and continued collaboration with the Deputy High Commission of Canada in Nigeria.
- Nigeria High Commission – H.E. Adeyinka Asekun (High Commissioner)
- Canada Deputy High Commission
- Teshome Nkrumah (Deputy High Commissioner & Chief Trade Commissioner)
- Sonia Hukil (Trade Commissioner)
- Temitayo Dada (Trade Commissioner)
- Benedicta Emovuon (Trade Commissioner Assistant)
- The Presidential Enabling Business Environment Council – Dr. Jumoke Oduwole (Secretary)
- Office of the Vice President – Amb. Adeyemi Dipeolu (Special Advisor, Economic Matters)
- Nigeria Promotion Investment Commission – Mrs. Patience Okala (Director, Legal Services)
- Nigerian Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture – Amb. Ayoola Olukanni (Director General)
- Bureau of Public Enterprises – Mr. Toibudeen Oduniyi (Director)
- Atlantic Hall – Chief Mrs. Taiwo Taiwo (Chairman, Board of Governors) & Mr. Jonathan Millard
- Five Cowries Arts Education Initiative – Ms. Polly Alakija (CEO)
- Meadowlands Canadian School – Mrs. Abimbola Ekwueme (Founder/CEO)
- Maple Canadian College – Mrs. Ebi Obaro (CEO)
- Treepz/Farm Crowdy – Mr. Onyeka Akumah (Founder/CEO)
- All On – Dr. Wiebe Boer (CEO)
- African Capital Alliance – Dr. Okey Enelamah (Chairman, Board of Directors)
- Wema Bank Plc – Mr. Ademola Adebise (Managing Director)
- Stanbic IBTC Capital – Mr. Funso Akere (Chief Executive)
- PwC – Mrs. Uma Kymal Nevin (Associate Director)
- Abdulai Taiwo & Co – Chief Ladi Taiwo (Founding Partner)
- Dukia Gold – Mrs. Tokunbo Fagbemi (Executive Director)